- Monday afternoons (1:30 pm start) are dedicated to presenting the following speakers and films:
Week 2: Monday, September 11th
Focus for this week: Indigenous Land-based Teachings
1:30 – 2:30 : Les Melbon will discuss Farm Schools and Sustainability initiatives.
2:45 – 4:30 : Film producer Nick Versteeg will show clips and discuss film ‘Island on the Edge’
This afternoon will set the foundation for your professional development focus on indigenous, land based teaching in your PLP community
Attendance is compulsory.
Week 3: Monday, September 18th 1:30 – 4:30
POPFASD Provincial Outreach Program for Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
Week 4: Monday, September 25th, 1:30 – 4:00
Panel Discussion – School Governance
1. Stephanie Higginson (Vice-Chair and SD68 School Board Trustee) who will speak to the role, responsibilities and challenges of being a school trustee.
2. Jeremy Inscho (SD 68 teacher and Local 68 NDTA 2nd VP) who will speak to the role, responsibilities and challenges of teachers and local associations in the role of educational/school governance
3. Charlene McKay (President of SD68 DPAC) who will speak to the role, responsibilities and challenges of parents, PAC’s and district PAC relating to educational/school governance.
4. Jim Ansell (VIU Education professor and former school superintendent) will speak to the role, responsibilities and challenges of the superintendent in school/educational governance.
5. Geoff Steel (SD 68 Principal and President of the local NSAA principals’ group) who will speak to the role, responsibilities and challenges of the principal in school/educational governance.
Week 5: Monday , October 2nd, Room 111
Application for Certification (TQS/TRB) 12:30 – 4:00
12:30 – Welcome and Introductions
12:30 – 12:45 – TQS Presentation
12:45 to 3:00 – TRB Professional Identity & Boundaries
3:00 to 3:30 – TRB Certification
3:30 to 4:00 – Student Questions