The following paragraphs outline the procedures that have been put in place by the MBA Department to ensure the examination is written fairly.
- No outside resources, including text books, notes, annotated copies of the case, dictionaries (hardcopy or electronic), calculators, cell phones, computers or any other hardcopy or electronic resource, may be used.
- You may not enter the examination room until 5 minutes before the start of the examination. All of your personal belongings, with the exception of pens, pencils, erasers, water, Kleenex and/or candies, unused jackets are to be placed at the front of the examination room as you enter.
- During the examination, do not speak or pass any object to another student.
- No washroom breaks are permitted during the first 30 minutes of the examination. If you have a medical condition that makes it difficult to comply with this restriction, please contact the Disability Services Office so that arrangements can be made for you to write your examination in a setting that can accommodate your requirements.
- If you should need to leave the room to use the washroom during the examination by escort, you will be required to hand in your examination booklet and copy of the examination questions before departing.
- Upon your return, you will receive a new examination booklet and another version of the examination paper that may or may not have the same set of questions. the question(s) left to answer when you return may be different from those on the original examination paper.
As well, you will not
(a) have the opportunity to consult your original examination booklet,
(b) be allowed to continue working on any question you started before leaving the room (so please complete your answer before the washroom trip), or
(c) be able to substitute a question from the second examination paper for an unfinished question from the first.