Here’s information for future reference as it is regarding doctoral level research.
RICHARD F. SALISBURY AWARD
Eligibility: Applications can be made by any student member of CASCA undertaking doctoral level research in the field of anthropology at a Canadian university. Preference will be given to those who have completed their comprehensive examinations, have approved thesis proposals and are within one year of beginning fieldwork. CASCA recognizes that some eligible candidates may not be studying in anthropology programs, however all candidates must be members of CASCA when making their applications. The intent of the award is to assist with fieldwork expenses.
Criteria: An outstanding academic record and an excellent research proposal with innovative scholarly import and social relevance.
Deadline: All application materials must be submitted electronically by 1 February 2015
To: Pauline McKenzie Aucoin – CASCA Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org
Each application should include:
1. A Salisbury Award application form, signed, with items 2-4 attached
2. A curriculum vitae, including education history, Ph.D. courses, presentations, awards, honours, teaching, grants and publications (up to three pages).
3. A research proposal, including: theoretical framework, research problem/question, methodology, objectives, and social and scholarly significance (two pages).
4. A budget for research, including planned use of Award funds, requests to other sources and funds received to date (one half to one page).
5. Two letters of reference about the applicant’s qualifications and the research proposal, one of which must be from the applicant’s thesis supervisor (these are to be sent directly by the referees).
RICHARD F. SALISBURY AWARD APPLICATION FORM 2015
Year the degree is expected: _________
Member of CASCA: yes____ no_____
Stage of PhD program (with respect to completion of comprehensive exams, approval of thesis proposal, date of beginning of fieldwork): __________________________________
1. Make sure your name appears at the top of each page you submit.
2. Field research must be under way during the year beginning 1 May 2015.
3. The Salisbury Award recipient will be announced at this year’s CASCA AGM .
4. Award recipients are expected to present their research at a subsequent CASCA annual conference within two years of receipt of the award. In order to enable this, Salisbury Award recipients may be given priority consideration for a CASCA student travel award to present at the conference.
5. Decisions of the Salisbury Award Committee are final.