Wherever you are coming from, there is a way to get to Nanaimo!
Nanaimo and Region has two vehicle and passenger ferry routes serviced by BC Ferries with multiple daily sailings. Attendees can either choose to bring their own vehicle or walk on.
- Horseshoe Bay – Departure Bay (Central Nanaimo) Crossing time: 1 hour 40 min
- Tsawwassen – Duke Point (South Nanaimo) Crossing Time: 2 hours
The Nanaimo Airport (YCD) is located 15 minutes south of downtown and is serviced by major flight companies including:
- Air Canada Jazz (Multiple daily flights direct from Vancouver and Calgary)
- Westjet (Direct flights from Calgary)
- Island Express
Additionally, if you are looking for a quick, exciting and scenic way to get from Vancouver to Nanaimo you can hop on a float plane with Harbour Air, Seair, or Sunshine Coast Air or fly with Helijet. It’s only a short 15-20 minute trip harbour to harbour.
Shuttles, taxis, rental cars and motor coach companies can be easily arranged and are readily available in Nanaimo to get you where you need to be. For more transportation information please visit: http://www.tourismnanaimo.com/getting-here
From the Airport
For transportation to and from the Nanaimo Airport.
- The cost is $26.00 for the first 2 passengers (this is our minimum whether there are 1 or 2 passengers)
- $5.00 more for each additional passenger up to 6 passengers (most vans are 6 passengers).