The Centre for Innovation and Excellence in Learning is very excited about the June 27, 2013 D2L upgrade to the latest version 10.2!
Version 10.2 offers a more streamlined navigation for two of the system’s most used tools – Content and Discussions – as well as other improvements. Please be assured this is not a major upgrade to the look/feel of D2L, just some very good, solid updates to the content, discussion and email tools we already use. If you can navigate and design in D2L v10.1 you will easily adapt to v10.2.
Here are just a few of the new updates to v10.2:
- 10.2 includes navigation and interface improvements including “drag and drop” for importing course files, navigation and editing improvements in the content viewer, and document viewer performance improvements
- The quicklinks interface has been improved and is easier to use
- There have even been improvements to the email feature in Desire2Learn. You can now drag and drop attachments and the To, CC, and BCC fields will auto complete from the address book
- Discussions can be now posted directly in the content tool, allowing students to participate in discussions without leaving the content tool
- Discussions are also now separated into two views, topic view and thread view for easier navigation in forums. The ‘topic view’ displays each initial student post, while the ‘thread view’ displays all the replies to that post
- You can now use the HTML editor for calendar entry descriptions, allowing them to contain rich text formatting and embedded images/other media
- 10.2 has improved rubric functionality. Rubrics attached to discussion topics can now be viewed by students
- Desire2Learn has added an exciting new grading feature to the dropbox tool. Instructors who download all file submissions for commenting and grading can now upload all the evaluated files to the students as feedback in one ‘bulk upload’ step
- Design improvements to the ePortfolio tool has made it easier to navigate and create content
We believe that this latest version will make the features within the D2L system easier to use for both instructors and students. For a detailed report on the new version changes, see: https://mediawiki.viu.ca/images/a/ac/LearningSuite_10_2_Features_GuideDraft.pdf
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.