The Centre for Innovation and Excellence in Learning is happy to announce that the LearnSupport phone line is back in service! Faculty and students can now either reach out for support by sending us an email to email@example.com or by phoning our support line at 250.740.6179.
Our phone line and email is monitored Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm PST excluding statutory holidays and university closures. In the event that we are not able to take your call, please leave a message or send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within two business days.
In order to ensure that we can assist you in a timely manner, please have the following information ready before phoning our support line or when leaving a message on our answering machine:
- Your full name.
- Your student number. If you are an employee reaching out on behalf of a student, please also include that student’s student number.
- Your contact information (phone number and/or email address) and your availability if you are requesting a call back or a consultation.
- The full course name and code of the course in question (For example: ENGL 000: I21N05).
- The platform you are looking for assistance with (VIULearn, VIUBlogs, VIUOnline Rooms/Zoom, or VIUTube).
- The name of the tool you are looking for assistance with (Assignments, Quizzes, Content, etc.).
- If you are reaching out regarding a specific activity (a specific Assignment, Quiz, Video etc.) please include the name of the activity you are looking for assistance with.
- A detailed description of your request or the issue you are experiencing. Please also include the full text of any error messages you are receiving.
Please note that the LearnSupport phone line is not an emergency line. There may be times when all our front line supports specialists are unavailable to take your call. In the event that we are not able to take your call immediately, please leave a message and we will get back to you within two business days.
If you are a student who is having difficulties logging in to VIULearn, please view these support resources. If you have followed these steps and you are still unable to login to VIULearn, please contact the IT Department for further assistance.
If you are an instructor phoning due to a classroom emergency and need immediate assistance, please contact the IT Department. If we are unavailable to take your call and you need immediate assistance, the IT Department can provide a limited amount of support for VIULearn, VIUTube, VIUBlogs, and VIUOnline Rooms in classroom emergency situations.