VIU Faculty Members: Alison Taplay, Rachel Moll, Jessie Key and Les Barclay
This Action Group has organized a 6-part speaker series on technology for teaching and learning. Each session will be recorded and put on its page in this site for viewing.
To help facilitate greater impact and application of the topics and content of the Speaker Series, a “Certificate of Scholarly Engagement and Participation” will be given to anyone who undertakes the minimum requirements outlined on the Speaker Series and Certificate page.
Speaker Series Summary
- Beyond Free: Open Textbooks – Clint Lalonde & Jessie Key (Jan 15)
- Eportfolios in the Secondary and Post-Secondary Context – Laura Suski, Kevin Mazutinec, Jan Unwin and Shannon Hagen (Feb 2)
- VIULearn (D2L) Show and Share – Alison Taplay, Rachel Moll, Jessie Key and Les Barclay (March 3)
- Blended Learning + Flipped Learning – Simon Bates (March 12)
- Mobile Learning with iPads – Doug Corrin and Bill Beese (March 19)
- Value in Using Learning Technologies: Big Picture Discussion – Alison Taplay, Rachel Moll, Jessie Key and Les Barclay (April 16)