Welcome to my blog!
On this site I will be posting about my inquiry project. The topic I chose to research is“Early intervention strategies to allow all students to have the ability to be successful in order to develop a love of reading.”
What I am planning to learn:
- I want to have a better understanding of how to teach reading to students who are struggling.
- I want to know how to catch readers before they fall so they don’t lose confidence or their joy of reading.
- I want to be able to know what steps need to be taken to best support the learner I am working with.
- I also want to learn how I can best support each reader individually while still being present for the rest of the class.
- Another area that interests me is how do you promote the love of reading to a reader who is struggling. How can the process be made enjoyable?
Where I will start locating information:
- “Reading Power” by: Adrienne Gear
- “Catching Readers Before They Fall” by: Pat Johnson and Katie Keier
- “Reading Strategies Book” by: Jennifer Serravallo