Read&Write for Google Chrome is incredibly intuitive and easy-to-use, providing personalized support to make documents, web pages and files in Google Drive more accessible. It aims to cater to differentiate for varying learning styles.
Read&Write offers a large range of tools to support reading and writing, including:
• Text-to-speech to hear any type of writing read aloud with easy-to-follow highlighting
• Text and picture dictionaries to see the meaning of words with a visual
• Speech-to-text feature to dictate words as the computer types them
• Word prediction offers suggestions for what you type next
• Highlight text in documents or on websites for summarizing and research
• Create and listen to voice notes directly inside of Google Docs
• Simplify and summarize text on web pages
All in an easy-to-use extension, accessible by clicking the little ‘rw’ puzzle piece in your Chrome bar.
To try out Read&Write for Google Chrome, you get free access to all of their features for the first 30 days. After 30 days, your features will be limited to hover-speech and the ability to play any text back in audio. That being said, all teachers can qualify for a free premium subscription by registering and activating their google account. After installing the extension in the app store, go to texthelp.com/en-gb/products/read-write/free-for-teachers/ to register and activate your subscription.