Welcome to my blog!
On this site I will be posting about my inquiry project. The topic I chose to research is “Strategies for developing and supporting readers as they grow in a positive and enjoyable way that promotes their love of learning.”
What I am planning to learn:
- I want to better understand how to teach reading especially to students who are struggling.
- I want to know how to catch readers before they fall so they don’t lose confidence or the joy in reading.
- I want to be able to know what steps need to be taken to best support the learner I am working with.
- I also want to learn how I can best support each reader individually while still being present for the rest of the class.
- Another area that interests me is how do you promote the love of reading to a reader who is struggling. How can the process be made enjoyable?
Where I will start locating information:
- “Reading Power” by: Adrienne Gear
- “Catching Readers Before They Fall” by: Pat Johnson and Katie Keier
- “Reading Strategies Book” by: Jennifer Serravallo
Welcome to my blog!
For my inquiry project I will be focusing on how to integrate English Language Learners (ELL) in the classrooms.
As I post feel free to comment and ask questions!
I am going to be posting my new learnings about how to use technology efficiently in the classroom.
I want to learn about
- What are some advantages for technology in the classroom?
- Is it beneficial for the students to learn?
- What are some apps and programs that can be used in the classroom?
- Go Noodle
- Communication through technology to parents
- Fresh Grade
- The use of tablets or iPads in the classroom
- Learning through games and play
I look forward to the journey,
You will find throughout my blog I will be sharing my journey of inquiry with Genius Hour. Genius Hour is a program where students are in control of their own learning and passions. I am exited to share my new insights with you. Stay tuned!
Hi my name is Anna Rithaler, and I’m a little nervous about making a blog page, but let’s see how this goes. I am hoping that I will be able to share some ideas and thoughts with the members of my cohort as well as the public.
A little bit about me is that I was born and raised on Saltspring Island in beautiful British Columbia, and much of my life has been spent on or near the water. The theme I have focused on for this site is centered around the ocean because it has had such significance in my life and is one of my favourite subjects to teach.
This site will be a work in progress for a while, but I’m looking forward to trying new things!
Hi, my name is Meghan Campbell. I am a fifth-year education student at Vancouver Island University. This blog is an assignment for one of my classes and will be about working with children who have ADHD in the classroom.
Hope you enjoy!!
Hi all, welcome to my blog.
I will be using this blog to post about, “Self Regulation in the Classroom,” for EDTE 500.
Welcome to my blog! I will be using this platform to discuss my research on how to accommodate learners with violent behaviors while maintaining a classroom community. This inquiry project is for my principles class at Vancouver Island University. I’m excited to discover resources, tools, and services regarding this topic. If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment.
Welcome to my blog friends!
Throughout my blog, you will find posts focused on my inquiry with promoting a healthy classroom. I am excited to share my findings with all of you.
For my inquiry project I will be focusing on STEAM and how innovative lessons can be implemented in the classroom.