Last spring I gave the students a questionnaire to get feedback on their experience with the wiki assignment. Here are the results.
- liked being able to work on multiple topics, not just one
- workload was distributed (over 4 contributions)
- learned cool stuff not covered in class
- some discomfort editing other’s work (worried about they might think)
- gained insight into writing and editing
- writing levels varied greatly, and this was challenging
- appreciated the latitude of allowing article to “go in a new direction”
- “generally value > challenges”
So there was tons of positive feedback. And I know I need to provide more support regarding the concept of “editing / improving” a classmate’s article as well as technical support with adding media.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.