It has been three years since my first chemistry video tutorials went live on our video repository – VIUtube. I figure it’s time that I summarize the success we have seen with these resources:
- Used in > 6 courses at Vancouver Island University
- Almost 26 thousand views (25966). *Note this is without being posted on Youtube for the masses*
- ~ 75 video tutorials
- Several videos have been used in the BC Campus Open Textbook (https://opentextbc.ca/introductorychemistry/)
- 12 videos were created as a part of a monthly video blog, sponsored by the Chemical Institute of Canada Chemical Education Fund (https://viutube.viu.ca/category/Teaching+and+Learning%3EKey+to+Chemistry/164)
- The use and effectiveness of the video tutorials have been examined for one CHEM 140/150 cohort, which has lead to the publication of a manuscript on this study (http://viuspace.viu.ca/handle/10613/2801), national and international conference presentations and a book chapter (in press).