This upper-level course in the faculty of management exposes students to fraud awareness, prevention and detection issues and strategies, and may provide the first step leading to a post-degree specialization in areas of security, fraud investigation, and forensic accounting.
- Delivered at VIU’s Nanaimo campus
- Vancouver Island University 3rd year standing,
- OR – professionals and managers wishing to take this course for professional development email Vanessa.Oltmann@viu.ca for information on EXDT registration.
- The January, 2013 class is now in session.
- Increase your knowledge of fraud risks while improving organizational productivity – consider registering for the January, 2013 class. For more information, email email@example.com
Course Description and Prerequisite
An exploration of commercial crime and business fraud deterrence, prevention, and detection. Topics include fraud psychology, vulnerability to fraud, money laundering, internet fraud, corporate and personal identity theft, and financial statement and banking fraud. This course is recognized by the Association of Certified Forensic Investigators of Canada. ACCT 350 was formerly called ACCT 450; credit will not be granted for both courses. (3:0:0)
Prerequisite: Third-year standing.
For more information, contact Vanessa.Oltmann@viu.ca