After firing the test tiles with a clear glaze, I wanted them to still serve a further purpose past the testing of the silks-screen process. I found some scrap pieces of plywood, sanded them, and stained them with a dark finish. I then super-glued the ceramic tiles to the back, testing that it supplied a good adhesion for hanging.
I like to use wood and elements from nature in my spray-paint and printmaking processes and pieces, and I felt that they complimented the tiles well. They add contrast with the dark colour of the stain and horizontal orientation that also compliments the more vertical orientation of the pieces.
As this is a mixed media process of creating imagery, I find it fitting that there is a mixed media combination in the presenting and finishing of the pieces. This process can further be refined with more aesthetically prepared tiles and printing since the process has now been tested and familiarized.