- Name of the game: Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
- Game genre: MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena)
- Duration of play: 4 hours
- Platform Played: Android Phone
- Developers/Producers: Moontoon
- Community/intended audience: 14 and above
For this week, I decided to play ‘Mobile Legends: Bang Bang’. Unfortunately, I was stuck in the hospital for the rest of this week, so I did not have any access to anything except for my phone. Mobile Legends is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) similar to computer games like League of Legends (LoL) or Defense Of The Ancients (DOTA). Players can choose from 49 different characters, each of the characters are categorized into different classes: Assassin, Tank, Fighter, Support, Marksman, and Mage. Players battle in a 5v5 match, where they are separated into two teams; Each team starts on the opposite sides of the map, and on each side, there are turrets and the main base where the players spawn. The goal of the game is to destroy enemy’s main base. Whoever destroys the enemy’s main base wins.
Before starting to play the game, I was feeling miserable for being stuck in the hospital. There was nothing to do, so I decided to play Mobile Legends with my brother and my friend. Playing a game was the only thing that I can think that would cheer my mood, so I decided to give it a go. There were some things that I can not do yet, so playing on my phone is better because I only do small movements while using it.
- When I first started the game, I was feeling down due to being stuck in the hospital for days now. I was hoping that Mobile Legends would cheer me up. I have played this game before, and I had a really fun time with it. I started to play a match with a friend and my brother. We started the first match, and it was going well; We were winning so far and we have won the match so it cheered me up a little bit.
- While playing the game, we were lost matches 4 times in a row. I was getting angry, and starting to get really frustrated. I was getting mad for losing 4 matches in a row, and whenever someone would do something silly, I would type in the group chat something like “stupid team” or “noobs”; losing the game really got into me.
- After playing the game, I had mixed emotions. It depends on whether we’re having a good or a bad game. Whenever we win or we’re starting to win the game, then I get excited and happy, but when we’re losing or starting to lose the game, then I get frustrated and angry (I shouted at my brother because the game wasn’t going my way—this is because of the frustration of losing and dying so many times).
Overall, I feel great playing a video game. It made me stop thinking that I am stuck in the hospital; the boredom went away as I get into the game. Although there were times that we lose and I get frustrated, I am glad that I got to play this with my brother and friends. I am also glad that it made me cheer up happy for a bit, despite of being stuck at the hospital.
Moonton. Mobile Legends: Bang Bang, 2016. Android/iOS. Video Game.
VY Gaming. “New Hero IRITHEL IS AMAZING!!! First Gameplay – Mobile Legends Patch 2.08”. Online Video Clip, Youtube, 11 Aug 2017, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYoo9uorXKo.