Blog Writing Prompts
If you would like some ideas on what to write about, here are some suggestions:
- What was an activity you enjoyed today and what did you learn from it?
- Did you learn something new about yourself or gain a new interest today?
- How does it feel to do Talking Circles each night? Has it helped you to share your story with others?
- What do you think about practicing protocol? Practice here if you’d like! Include your name, where you are from, someone that supports you (parents, grandparents, foster parent, sibling, friend), and an acknowledgement of the territory you are on (here it is Snuneymuxw territory).
- Have you gained more confidence in yourself and/or thought about how you can be a leader in your community?
- What does it mean to be Indigenous to you?
- What is something that connects you to your culture, or what is something you’d like to learn more about?
- What is something that you want do after this camp is over, based on what you have learned or experienced?
- How did it feel to brush off with cedar and cleanse in the river?
- Is there something new/special/meaningful that Uncle Gary or Auntie Donna spoke about or showed you?
- What is something you can do to be a role model or leader?
- What is one step you can take to learn something about your culture? Maybe talk to an Elder, learn a new word in your traditional language, learn a song or story, do some art…
- Self-care is very important for everyone, especially if we want to be good leaders. What is something you can do to take care of yourself? Some examples could be spending quality alone time, making sure you have a good sleep, smiling at yourself in the mirror everyday…